- The delicious taste of old-time yogurts is something memorable for all Iranians. These yogurts were usually made at home or in local workshops using unpasteurized milk. Unfortunately, this could lead to deadly diseases such as malaria and tuberculosis.
- Therefore, for the first time in Iran, Ramak Dairy Company uses Clean Room technology to produce this type of dairy product. In a clean room, 100% healthy and germ-free products are produced. The production process of this product is inspired by the traditional yogurt production process in Shiraz so that the best desirable quality can be provided to our dear consumers.
Shiraz traditional yogurt (Creamy):
- Ingredients: Fresh cow’s milk, cream, no-fat skim milk powder, lactic starters (Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus)
- Ramak Shiraz traditional yogurt has 6% fat. Rapid digestion and conversion into energy is a feature of this product and can be considered as a good food source to provide daily energy for those with daily activities.
- Due to mothers’ concerns about providing healthy food for children, consumption of this yogurt is recommended because of the presence of fat-soluble vitamins.
Characteristics of Shiraz traditional yogurt:
- Has a delicious layer of clotted cream
- Use the best type of raw materials (fresh cow’s milk and pasteurized cream)
- Has the desired texture and taste
- Contains water-soluble vitamins
- Vitamin B1 strengthens the nervous system and helps burn sugar in the body
- Vitamin B12 is effective in producing blood cells and strengthening the nervous system
- Contains fat-soluble vitamins K, E, D and A.
- Contains calcium which is effective in the formation and strength of bones and dental health.
- Contains protein that is involved in building muscle tissue and vital functions of the body.
- Contains phosphorus, which is involved in the growth and repair of body tissues.
- A suitable source of energy supply due to having a suitable milk content.
- Contains no preservatives.
Suitable time and cases for consumption:
- Ramak Shiraz traditional yogurt can be considered a valuable food source and may be consumed in lunch and dinner meals in different ways. Here are some examples:
- • Shiraz local yogurt can be used as a simple dessert (yogurt and cucumber, yogurt and beetroot, yogurt and shallot, etc.) which makes it perfect, due to its desirable texture.
Consumption amount of Shiraz traditional yogurt:
- Children under seven years old: one cup (225 grams) per day
- Adults and the elderly: two cups of 225 grams per day